New York - 2020 Tesla Model Y - No Damage - Inherent Diminished Value claim Denied

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Simon

Re: New York - 2020 Tesla Model Y - No Damage - Inherent Diminished Value claim Denied

Post by Simon »

You're very welcome. PM me the CARFAX, I'll take a look.
Do you need more help? Sick of adjuster lies? Check out these resources!

How to choose a reputable diminished value appraiser?
How does a diminished value claim work for a car accident?
Frequently Asked Questions about Diminished Value

Simon Galperin is a senior auto appraiser at Tiger DV and an expert on diminished value. He consults attorneys, insurance companies and individual car owners on the subject of automotive diminished value.
Eamonn

Re: New York - 2020 Tesla Model Y - No Damage - Inherent Diminished Value claim Denied

Post by Eamonn »

I sent the carfax and police report in a PM.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Eamonn wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:21 am I sent the carfax and police report in a PM.
Hmm, don't see it in my PM.

Simon Galperin is a senior auto appraiser at Tiger DV and an expert on diminished value. He consults attorneys, insurance companies and individual car owners on the subject of automotive diminished value.
Eamonn

Post by Eamonn »

Weird - must have not hit the send button. I sent them over again.
Simon

Post by Simon »

OK. CARFAX states "Damage to Front". No good. Could be substantial. They don't know it's only a slightly bent license plate. And the mind of a potential buyer always imagines the worst possible scenario. The good news is that the police report documents the other driver making a statement of "no damage". You can use that to prove "no damage" to CARFAX and Autocheck, in addition to repair shop finding no damage either.

Importantly, don't forget to also check and remove it from Autocheck (pun intended).

Let us know how it goes :)

Eamonn

Post by Eamonn »

I still haven't heard back from either Autocheck or Carfax.

I'm assuming Autocheck won't get it off the report as it states in the report that there may be no damage:

"A state or municipality has reported an accident or collision
for this vehicle that may or may not have sustained damage.
Not all damage events are reported to AutoCheck and the
damage severity of reported events will vary. In all events
AutoCheck recommends that prospective vehicle purchasers
conduct a detailed vehicle inspection prior to purchase of a
pre-owned vehicle."
Simon

Post by Simon »

Eamonn wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:09 pm I still haven't heard back from either Autocheck or Carfax.

I'm assuming Autocheck won't get it off the report as it states in the report that there may be no damage:

"A state or municipality has reported an accident or collision
for this vehicle that may or may not have sustained damage.
Not all damage events are reported to AutoCheck and the
damage severity of reported events will vary. In all events
AutoCheck recommends that prospective vehicle purchasers
conduct a detailed vehicle inspection prior to purchase of a
pre-owned vehicle."
That's just a standard paragraph Autocheck puts on every record. It doesn't mean anything beyond what it says.

I suggest following up with CARFAX and Autocheck via their available customer service channels. Cleaning the record is still your optimal path forward. Give it a week or two more and if you are still unable to get it cleaned then you can get a professional Diminished Value Appraisal and proceed with a strong claim. I can help you with that.

You've done nothing wrong and if the records are tainted, then you suffered a loss through no fault of your own and must be made whole. I have no doubt you will prevail in a DV claim if you stay persistent - it's just a rather unusual case.

Eamonn

Post by Eamonn »

Hi Simon,

Just letting you know that I followed up with both, unfortunately the only platform to follow up is the same web customer enquiry form. If I don't hear back by mid January I will get an appraisal and reach out to you for advice.

Side note - does Tiger DV handle appraising and follow ups? If so I'm happy to reach out via that platform to support your business.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Eamonn wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:21 pm Hi Simon,

Just letting you know that I followed up with both, unfortunately the only platform to follow up is the same web customer enquiry form. If I don't hear back by mid January I will get an appraisal and reach out to you for advice.
Sounds good.
Side note - does Tiger DV handle appraising and follow ups? If so I'm happy to reach out via that platform to support your business.
Absolutely. We do certified appraisals and follow up claim assistance is included.

Eamonn

Post by Eamonn »

Hi again Simon,

It's been a while! But I finally have an outcome with Carfax and Autocheck.

Both accidents still appear on the report however, autocheck shows no damage was reported in the collision. Carfax added that damage was under $1,000.

Wondering if it's still worth pursuing the insurance claim, or if there's not much dimished value considering these comments are now on the report?

Thanks!